Monday, October 6, 2008

Sunday 10/05/2008

WOD
21-18-15-12-9-6-3 reps of:
Jumping Squat
Elevated Pushup
V-Up

Didn't manage to make it to CrossFit Boston due to time issues. So I was definitely glad I managed to get in a hotel workout earlier in the morning! Boston was awesome -- it's been almost 11 years since I first visited. My friend and I rubbed John Harvard's shoe during our walk around Harvard University (I did do that way back in 1997, but I've convinced myself that the reason I didn't end up there for undergraduate studies was because I didn't even bother applying in the first place, ha ha), in the hope that doing so would get us into Harvard for our PhDs. Well, we'll see if that works. Did loads of walking throughout the day, though -- from our hotel in Cambridge to Boston's South End, up to Chinatown, back to the South End, and back to the hotel again, about six miles or so. Saturday's Singapore Seminar was good as well -- met up with scholars from all around the U.S. and had a generally edifying time. I think I ate far too much as well. Baked stuffed lobster, New England Clam Bake, clam chowder, the works. Yum! I was upgraded to First Class on my way back from Boston as well, which is one of the perks of being a Gold Elite member with NWA (there's always a pretty good chance that I get upgraded on any flight). All in all, a fun trip.

***
"Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time."
- Steven Wright

No comments: