Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Tuesday 09/09/2008

WOD
30-20-10 reps of:
DB Burpee (30#)
Burpee
DB Front Squat (30#)
Air Squat
DB Push Press (30#)
Pushup

WOD
5 x 5 of:
Deadlifts (155#/165#/175#/185#/185#)
Bench Presses (85#/90#/95#/95#/95#)
Dead Hang Pullups/ Toes to Hands/ Kipping Pullups

Absolute strength levels have definitely taken a bit of a blow, in comparison to where I was prior to returning to Singapore for the summer. It's hardly surprising, given that I had to set aside most, if not all, dedicated strength work for the duration that I was away. I'm not complaining, though. On the bright side, I think my strength-to-bodyweight ratio has improved considerably (in large part due to what the Sharons have endearingly termed the Jungle-Diet-cum-Survival-Experience). The bulk of my CrossFit workouts back home involved minimal equipment -- mainly bodyweight exercises with kettlebell skills and jumproping thrown in for good measure. I've begun to work dumbbells, barbells and weighted exercises back into my programming, given that I now have access to all this equipment again.

***
"When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant."
- Author Unknown

No comments: