Thursday, September 11, 2008

Thursday 09/11/2008

WOD
21-18-15-12-9-6-3 reps of:
American KB Swing
Power Wheel Rollouts (gotta love 'em)


WOD: Charge
"Angie"
100 Pullups
100 Pushups
100 Situps
100 Squats

Complete each exercise before moving on to the next one.

Time: 15:20 (New PR!!!!!)

WOD: Revolution
25 min Spin, followed by -

10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 reps of:
1-arm Overhead DB Swing (30#)
Box Jump (24")

Time: 9:42

I smashed my previous "Angie" PB of 19:47 by over four minutes during noon Charge today and was so stoked for the rest of the day! The last time I attempted "Angie" was sometime in December 2008, during one of HyperFit USA's benchmark Sunday workouts. My goal then was to get under twenty minutes and I made it by the skin of my teeth, completing the last squat with just thirteen seconds to spare. I recall that I spent around eight and a half minutes on the pullups then. I was really pumped then as well because I don't think anyone else made it under 20:00 without modifying. So I thought I'd be hard-pressed to do much better today, and was hoping to finish under 18:00.

Today, however, it took me only around six minutes to finish all the pullups (at least clavicle-to-bar, in case you were wondering). I started out with a set of 15, then a couple sets of 10, and did the rest in groups of 5 with very brief pauses in between to chalk up and re-grip. The pushups went by pretty quickly as well. I began with a set of 25, followed by a set of 15, then a set of 11 (I know it's an odd number; there really isn't any good reason for it besides the fact that my arms gave out before I reached 15), which left me with 7 sets of 7 reps. Situps were partitioned into 40-20-20-20, and squats more or less the same. Awesome stuff.

My goal for the next time I do "Angie" will be to get under 15 minutes. I'm also hoping to do "Cindy" (AMRAP in 20 minutes: 5 pullups, 10 pushups, 15 squats) sometime to see how that measures up (previous PB was 22 rounds).

***
"We look forward to the time when the power of love will replace the love of power. Then will our world know the blessings of peace."
- William E. Gladstone

No comments: