Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Wednesday 11/19/2008

I'm entering into my second week of the no refined sugars/no processed carbs challenge. Energy levels have definitely shot up, though they've probably been tempered a little by the late nights over the last few days. That said, going to bed early is probably another resolution I ought to make (though at the rate that work is piling up, it might be a difficult one to stick to).

I've also started another blog for the purposes of tracking my diet/nutrition, recounting the challenges I face when it comes to making (and sticking to) proper dietary choices, and discussing issues related to the realm of food and nutrition. It's aptly titled "Getting off the Crack", which is definitely something that I hope to achieve.

WOD
Tabata: 00:20 on, 00:10 off
DB Full Squat Clean
DB Push Press
DB Front Squat
DB Burpee
DB Renegade Row

Finish 8 rounds of each exercise before moving on to the next.

WOD
30 Muscle-Ups (start in kneeling position)

Still struggling with the transition on the muscle-up. It frustrates me as I definitely have more than adequate strength to perform more than the recommended number of full ROM ring dips and ring pullups, but somehow the combination of the false grip and the dive-through during the transition muddles me up terribly. I learnt an awesome MU progression at the gymnastics cert with Coach Tucker last month, and am working it as hard as I can.

WOD
From CrossFit.com:
"Nicole"
400 m Run*
Max reps Pullups
AMRAP in 20 minutes

*Substituted the run with a 500 m row or 400 jump rope turns.

***
Day 2 of the 100 Pushups for 50 Days Challenge!

"The best day of your life is the one on which you decide your life is your own. No apologies or excuses. No one to lean on, rely on, or blame. The gift is yours - it is an amazing journey - and you alone are responsible for the quality of it. This is the day your life really begins."
- Bob Moawad

No comments: