Sunday, November 23, 2008

Sunday 11/23/2008

Okay, so I pretty much did today's CF main site WOD twice, nearly back-to-back (about 5 minutes between workouts). We don't have ropes yet (coming next week, though), so the substitution was 21 pullups. Patty taught class so I did the workout the first time round with Sharon L. and Kathy. I forgot to include back extensions in the workout but added them back in when I did the workout the second time around with Patty.

WOD
Modified from CrossFit Main Site --
Three rounds for time of:
21 Knees to Elbows
21 KB Swings (20 kg)
21 Pushups
21 Pullups
21 Box Jumps (20")
21 GHD Back Extensions
Walking lunge, 150 ft

Time the first time around: 21:04 (w/o back extensions)
Time the second time around: 22:46 (as expected -- I always need a workout to warm up -- which kind of gives added meaning to the oft-repeated line in the CrossFit community "Your workout is our warmup". It really is, for me).


Kind of troubled because my car's transmission is acting up and I'm afraid I might have to get it replaced, which really sucks because I practically live out of my car now. Not to mention that it'll probably cost something like two or three grand, which is way more than I'm willing to fork out for something that I'm only going to be using for a couple months more. Pfffffffffffft. Oh, well. Then again, I suppose life could be a whole lot worse. At least I have many things to be grateful for. Time to put things back into perspective again.

***
"When you pray, rather let your heart be without words than your words without heart."
- John Bunyan

No comments: