Saturday, January 26, 2008

Saturday 01/26/2008

WOD
10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 reps of:
Back Squat (135#)
1-Arm DB Swing (30#)
DB Clean and Jerk (30#)
DB Renegade Row (30#)

Way too many noisy lacrosse players in the weight room today. As I was finishing up with some back extensions on the GHD, I happened to overhear girls from one of the club sports teams discussing their workout for the day.

"... so you do as many reps as you can in 20 seconds, rest for 10 seconds, and perform that sequence 16 times with any one exercise..."

I thought it was cool to see more people utilizing the Tabata protocol in their training! Although my hopes of them getting maximum benefit from the workout were quickly dashed when I realized that a third were doing shoulder presses with 5-pound DBs, another third doing crunches with all of a 5-degree range of motion, and the final third doing some badly mangled variation of pushups with their knees on the ground and their butts in the air (which is really not much of a pushup, come to think of it). That being said, I guess you gotta start somewhere...

No comments: