Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Tuesday 12/02/2008

WOD
With a pair of 30# DBs, perform
10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 reps of:
DB Burpee
DB Push Press
DB Front Squat

WOD: Charge
30-20-10 reps of:
Power Clean (95#)
Thruster (95#)

Time: 19:02

I made a commitment to step it up a notch on workouts that call for the typical Rx'd women's weight (65#), by using 95# for these workouts. Now there's no turning back! While not unmanageable by any means, consistently adding 30# of weight to the bar definitely makes a considerable difference, both in terms of length of time required to complete the workout (duh) as well as recovery. I've noticed a little more soreness in the days following such workouts. It's good, I suppose, since I rarely am afflicted by DOMS from CrossFit alone (distance running and gymnastics are separate issues here). So it's good to know that I'm challenging my muscles in a different way and forcing them to adapt to using a heavier load as a baseline.

***
"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending."
- Author Unknown

No comments: